התכנית הבינלאומית לחילופי סטודנטים
About Exchange Program
Exchange program provides Shenkar students with the opportunity to experience a completely different study environment and culture, without disturbing the degree track. Head overseas, enrich yourself and come back inspired to work on your diploma at Shenkar!
Working closely with your department at Shenkar, we constantly improve and expand our partner network to make sure you have the great schools to choose from and the most exciting locations to explore.
Yet, academic exchanges are not an easy terrain: study approaches and programs vary greatly, credit systems are different, and a good share of bureaucracy is involved. Please, make sure you read carefully all the information provided on this page and do not miss on the opportunity to attend information sessions, regularly organized by the International Office of Shenkar.
Terms of exchange:
- For the period of one semester, Shenkar students get to study in one of partner academic institutions in the field of their specialization.
- Exchanges take place during the 3rd year of studies for undergraduate students (Bachelor's) and 2nd year of studies for graduate students (Master's). This means, that students should apply for exchange while studying in 2nd year of undergraduate programs and 1st year of graduate programs.
- Exchange students get tuition waiver from the host institution but continue to be registered and paying tuition fees at Shenkar during their exchange.
- Exchange students are responsible for expenses related to visa, travel, housing, health insurance, materials and books. There are no scholarships supporting student exchanges available at Shenkar, but exchange students receive information about scholarships and accommodation options provided by the partner institutions, if any.
- Academic credit earned during exchange is counted towards student's degree at Shenkar. The exact number of acknowledged credits is subject to conversion to the local credit system and the approval by the home department.
- Full-time student status;
- Good academic record, including all duties in front of the home department being fulfilled timely;
- Confirmation of completion of English studies / of advanced speaking skills in English; proficiency in other European languages is an advantage;
- Clear record of inappropriate behavior and disciplinary problems during studies at Shenkar;
- Good interpersonal skills and the willingness to represent Shenkar in front of our partners.
Nomination process (within Shenkar)
Participation in the Exchange program is a bonus and not a service provided to all students. The number of placements each year is limited and is distributed through the nomination process, based on academic merits. Students, wishing to participate in the Exchange Program, should submit the following documents for the review at their home department:
- Online application form (click here)
- CV in English with relevant skills and professional experience up to date;
- Letter of motivation in English (describing your background and how experience of studying abroad will contribute to your development);
- Portfolio (for design specializations);
The Nomination committee meets once a year to identify student nominations for both semesters of the following year. Please make sure you submit all of the materials in the best shape possible and meeting the deadline February 17th, 2018. Incomplete and late submissions will not be accepted for the review.
Nominations will be announced on or after March 5th.
Choice of partner school
Naturally, the choice of school for your exchange is a pivotal point of the process, as it not only spurs your excitement but defines how will your exchange semester look like and your chances to be admitted for exchange in the first place. Please carefully study the list of active academic partnerships of Shenkar and follow the links to the websites of relevant universities. It is your responsibility to identify:
- relevant department for your exchange (not every academy has specializations matching yours);
- application deadline and procedure, as well as documents required as part of application;
- academic calendar (the start and end dates of the semester);
- any restrictions concerning language or timing of the exchange.
Narrow your choice down to a few schools, consult with students who have already completed their exchange abroad and finalize your choice with your academic coordinator, providing the information mentioned above.
In the online application form to be submitted by February 17th, you will be asked to provide two priorities for your exchange location. These priorities will be taken into account by the Nomination committee. If you receive the nomination from your department you will be recommended to apply to one partner school; this recommendation might correspond with your priorities or not.
More information and advice on how to approach the choice of partner school is provided during information sessions.
Application process (with the partner school)
All applications for exchange at our partner institutions are based on nomination from Shenkar! Your application will not be welcomed without such nomination.
Nominated students should apply to the recommended school observing the deadline and in close consultation with the International Office of Shenkar. Each school has a different deadline and a different application procedure (through software or via email or post). It is crucial that you will familiarize yourself with the terms of application process much ahead - during nomination stage at Shenkar.
For your reference, common application elements include:
- Application form (provided by the host institution);
- Copy of the valid travel document (passport);
- Transcript of Records in English (the list of courses you studied at Shenkar with grades);
- CV in English;
- Letter of Motivation in English;
- Portfolio (pdf or web link);
This is a sample list, each school requires its own application package, but if you prepare most of the materials mentioned above in advance, your application will not take much additional time to complete.
מעוניינים בפרטים נוספים על התכנית? צרו קשר עם גב' נדיה חיסמטולינה: