Levy Meira, Dr.
A Senior lecturer at the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management and a research fellow at Haifa University at the Software Architecture Lab at Caesarea Rothschild Institute for Interdisciplinary Applications of Computer Science (CRI).
Dr. Levy completed a Postdoctoral Fellowship at the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management and conducted research at the Deutsche Telekom Laboratories, both in Ben-Gurion University of the Negev.
She received her Ph.D., M.Sc. and B.Sc. degrees from the Technion, the Israel Institute of Technology. She has extensive experience in the software engineering industry in technical and management positions.
Her research interests:
- Distance learning.
- Knowledge engineering and management, both from human and technological perspectives, including: KM audit and requirements analysis, modeling and design of knowledge systems, embedding KM frameworks within business processes, identifying KM culture barriers, and knowledge representation
- Social networks and knowledge sharing.
- Multidisciplinary teams of engineers and designers in development processes.
Dr. Levy promotes collaborative industry-academia research with Israeli and international companies (e.g. IBM, CA and Elbit) combining qualitative and quantitative research methods.
List of selected articles by Dr. Levy:
- Levy, M., Pliskin, N., and Ravid, G., (2010). "Studying Decision Processes via a Knowledge Management Lens: The Colombia Space Shuttle Case", Decision Support Systems (DSS), 48, 559–567.
- Levy, M. and Hadar, I. (2010). “Teaching MBA Students the Use of Web0: The Knowledge Management Perspective”, Journal of Information Systems Education. 21(1), 55-67.
- Levy, M., Hadar, I., Greenspan, S. and Hadar E. (2010). “Uncovering Cultural Perceptions and Barriers During Knowledge Audit”, Journal of Knowledge Management, 14(1), 114-127. (IF 2020= 8.182 R 2020= Information Science & Library Science 3/85 Q1; Management 23/226 Q1)
- Levy, M., Pliskin, N., and Ravid, G., (2010). "Knowledge Warehouse for Decision Support in Critical Business Processes: Conceptual Modeling and Requirements Elicitation", Special Issue on Decision Support: An Examination of the DSS Discipline, Annals of Information Systems, 14, 131-148. (IF: N/A)
- Agur-Cohen, D., Levy, M., Cohen Kastel, O. and Karkabi, K.(2013). “The Influence of a Professional Physician Network on Clinical Decision Making”, Patient Education and Counseling, 93(3), 496-503. (IF 2020= 2.940 R 2020= Public Environmental & Occupational Health 90/203 Q2; Social Sciences, Interdisciplinary 24/109 Q1)
- Levy, M., Hadar, I., Te'eni, D., Unkelos-Shpigel, N., Sherman, S. and Harel, N., (2016). "Social Networking in an Academic Conference Context: Insights from a Case Study", Information Technology & People, 29(1), 51 – 68. (IF 2020= 3.879 R 2020= Information Science & Library Science 28/85 Q2)
- Dekhtyar, A., Hayes, J., Hadar, I., Combs, E., Ferrari, A., Gregory, S., Horkoff, J., Levy, M., Nayebi, M., Paech, B., Payne, J., Primrose, M., Spoletini, P., Cleland-Huang, J., Zowghi, D. (2019). “Requirements Engineering (RE) for Social Good: RE Cares”, IEEE Software, 36(1), 86-94. (IF 2020= 2.967 R 2020= Computer Science, Software Engineering 26/108 Q1)
- Levy, M., Hadar, I. and Aviv, I. (2018). "A Requirements Engineering Methodology for Knowledge Management Solutions: Integrating Technical and Social Aspects", Requirements Engineering Journal, 24(4), 503-521. (IF 2018=2.761, R 2018=Computer Science, Software Engineering: 22/107 Q1)
This paper was selected to the journal-first track in the IEEE Requirements Engineering Conference; a committee of senior researchers selected 6 out of 154 papers (less than 4%) published during the last three years in three leading RE-related journals.
- Aviv, I., Hadar, I., Levy, M. (2021). "Knowledge Management
Infrastructure Framework for Enhancing Knowledge-Intensive Business Processes", Sustainability 2021, 13, 11387. (IF 2020= 3.251R 2020= Environmental Sciences 124/274 Q2; Environmental Studies 59/125 Q2; Green & Sustainable Science & Technology 6/9 Q3; Green & Sustainable Science & Technology 30/44 Q3)
- Levy, M., Agur-Cohen, D., Arnon, S., Levkovich, I. (2021). "The Decision-Making and Learning Roles of a Professional Social Network: the Case of a Family Physicians’ Network", International Journal of Medical Informatics, 153, 104515. (IF 2020= 4.046 R 2020= Computer Science, Information Systems 50/161 Q2; Health Care Sciences & Services 26/107 Q1; Medical Informatics 13/30)
- Levy, M., Lin, L., Amyot, D., Yu, E., Alshammari, M., Baslyman, M., Bjarnason, E., Bull, C., Henrique, C. C., Groen, E. C., Jantunen, S., Kopczyńska, S., Lessard, L., Richardson, I., Weber, J., Wei, Z.
(2021). "Requirements Engineering for Well-Being, Aging, and Health (REWBAH): an Overview for Practitioners", IEEE Software, 38(3), 7-12, May-June 2021. (IF 2020= 2.967 R 2020= Computer Science, Software Engineering 26/108 Q1)
- Levy, M., Hadar, I., Aviv, I. (2021). “Agile-Based Education of Agile Knowledge Management Requirements Engineering Methodology”, Sustainability 2021, 13(5), 2853. (IF 2020= 3.251R 2020= Environmental Sciences 124/274 Q2; Environmental Studies 59/125 Q2; Green & Sustainable Science & Technology 6/9 Q3; Green & Sustainable Science & Technology 30/44 Q3)
- Levy, M., Hadar, I., Horkoff, J. Hayes, J., Paech, B., Dekhtyar, A., Mussbacher, G., Paja, E., Li, T., Lee, SW., Fang, D., (2022). "Philanthropic Conference-Based Requirements Engineering in Time of Pandemic and Beyond", accepted for publication to Requirements Engineering Journal, (IF 2018=2.761, R 2018=Computer Science, Software Engineering: 22/107 Q1)
- Levy, M., Pauzner, M., Rosenblum, S., Peleg, M. (2023). "Achieving trust in health-behavior-change artificial intelligence apps (HBC-AIApp) development: a multi-perspective guide", accepted for publication in the Journal of Biomedical Informatics, special issue: "Personalization in mHealth: Innovative informatics methods to improve patient experience and health outcome".