Karni Reuven (Prof.)
Full Professor in the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management.
The first two degrees of Prof. Karni are in Chemical Engineering granted at the University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa, and his doctorate was granted at the Faculty of Industrial Engineering and Management at the Technion.
He joined academia at the "old age" of 41, after a career as a chemical engineer, project engineer, programmer and information systems engineer in industry.
His current research interests cover the fields of:
- Product-service systems (PSS): design and analysis (especially the operations phase)
- Industrial product-service systems (IPS2): design and analysis (especially the operations phase)
- Maturity models: their use for the dynamic design of organizational progress
- Business and service process design, analysis and improvement
- Advanced approaches in business process management
- Application of Web 2.0 ("lightweight") systems to business process knowledge management
Karni has supervised 45 candidates for second and third degrees, published 62 articles in journals, book chapters and books, 64 papers in international conferences and 47 papers in national conferences.