From Rags To Apps: Impressions from the 3rd international toys conference
Some of the questions that had been addressed and debated during the symposium:
- A look back through history: How cultural and ideological diversity found expression in toy design?
- What is the alchemic process that leads to the creation of new toy concepts?
- How are the required skills of the 21st Century addressed in the design of contemporary educational toys?
- In the eco-systems of global trade, dominated by branding and commercial entertainment, is there a place for meaningful design ideas?
- How should Toy Design evolve in a world increasingly inundated by technology and information?
Participated in the confference:
- Peter Handstein: Founder & CEO of Hape Group with subsidiaries in China.
- Renate Menzi: Curator of the Design Collection at Museum für Gestaltung Schaudepot Zürich, Switzerland.
- גיל דרוקמן: Inventor and Managing Director at Toyly, Tel-Aviv, Israel.
- Prof. Gabriel Songel: Universitat Politècnica de València and founder of spinoff Innoarea Design Consulting, Valencia, Spain.
- Ms. Ilana Ben-Ari: Founder, CEO & Lead Designer Twenty One Toys, Toronto, Canada.
- Henrik Johansson: Design Director of Hape Group and Sweden, designer of many iconic IKEA products.
- Mark Carson: President & Co-Founder, Fat Brain Toys, Nebraska, USA.
- Taren Chan: 4M Industrial Development Limited, Hong Kong.
- Andres Garza: Design Manager at Spinmaster Toys, California, USA.